Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Poetry contest

  1. #21
    Inactive Member vgdag94's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2005
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Life of a Doll

    My life started in a factory,
    That large, stuffy place.
    In a box I was put into,
    Eyes closed on my face.

    For many days and nights.
    A deep slumber I would lay,
    When suddenly, my box opened,
    By a small girl who love play!

    She cradled me in her arms,
    And i new I was home.
    She moved my arms and legs,
    And even brushed amd combed!

    She fed me and dressed me,
    And hugged me when sad,
    She loved to think up stories-
    Oh, the adventures we had!

    But, soon this little girl grew,
    She dressed so different and strange!
    She wore lipgloss and eyeliner,
    And I new my life would change.

    One day she came to me,
    I sat confussed on my little bed.
    She picked me up roughly,
    "Good-bye" she said.

    She banished me to her closet,
    How could she? How could she?
    I cried as I asked this in my mind.
    Where was the little girl who's eyes once shined?

    For days, I would sit,
    In that dark, spooky room.
    Hy heart jumped as the door opened,
    Had I met my doom?

    It was the girl who came it,
    Hope was in sight!
    But, she ignored me as she grabbed a belt,
    And as much as I cried, she shut the door tight.

    For years, this horrible pattern contunued,
    My shelf became full of spiders and dusty,
    Atleast there was no water around,
    Or my eyes would get rusty!

    After 10 long years, the girl came to me,
    Her eyes, sad as she carried me out.
    Her suitcase was out and she was going to collage,
    She hugged me and put me in my box. I had doubt.

    I had no idea where I was going,
    The jouney lasted for many days.
    Finally, another little girl opened my box,
    I didn't know what to say.

    My owner had sold me,
    How confussed I was,
    Would this be a better life for me?
    Had she sold me just because?

    This little girl was very rough,
    She cut my hair and put lipstick on my face,
    I soon had marks all over my body,
    And her dog was so mean, he loved to chase!

    I was miserable and wanted to go home,
    I wanted my little girl back who would love me,
    I wanted to be cradled gently in her arms,
    Oh, how my heart would ache for she!

    Soon, my poor, abused body would be sold again,
    Would I get a new mommy who would clean my hair?
    Would I get a new mommy who would care for me?
    Anywhere but here, I didn't care.

    I waited and waited in the hot garrage,
    Many people would pass by,
    Was I a far too ugly doll?
    Was it just that I was too shy?

    A farmiliar woman came up to me,
    Her face was full of sorrow,
    Who was this woman? Wondered me.
    Would I be with her tomorrow?

    She hugged and hugged and craddled me,
    She tried to fix my hair,
    She looked and looked and looked at me,
    Oh how the people stared!

    I was craddled and kissed in her arms,
    "I'm so sorry" she whispered in my ear,
    She bought me and carried me off,
    I no longer needed to fear.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Vicky, that was so sweet!

  3. #23
    thepidget
    Guest thepidget's Avatar

    Post

    Vicky, wow. I'm sure that's the life story of so many dolls. [img]frown.gif[/img] Good job!

  4. #24
    Donna Cotterman
    Guest Donna Cotterman's Avatar

    Post

    Put down the dolls and stop the play
    I'm sure you all have something to say.
    Say something sweet or something nice
    Or just a poem about the terrible price
    Now is the time for all those words to flow
    Say them quick and don't be slow
    It's time to post your poems here
    The deadline is drawing near

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 06, 2006 11:53 PM: Message edited by: Mrs. C. ]</font>

  5. #25
    Inactive Member DaisyDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2005
    Posts
    646
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's my entry titled "Welcome!" Enjoy! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    <u>Welcome!</u>

    One day I discovered American Girl, read each catalogue with glee,
    And then I bought some dolls, until they numbered three.

    The first one was a Marisol, I renamed her Piper,
    I paid dearly for my Lindsey (and some would love to swipe her!)

    Samantha was the next, whose curls I do adore,
    But I?m a woman, not a girl, why should I buy more?

    But then one day I googled ?dolls,? and much to my delight,
    I found an online family, a place I fit just right!

    I felt so proud, I had three dolls, I was so elated!
    But when I saw the other?s pics, my ego was deflated.

    Dolls lined up, all in rows, some had ten or more!
    My three seemed insignificant, should I buy number four?

    ?Of course!? they said, ?Go for it!? They pushed buttons left and right.
    Then the brown truck left me Mia, the #4 I now hold tight!

    After that it gets quite blurry, a new one here or there,
    There?s only one place that I blame, I don?t have to tell you where!

    Now I have ten dollies, accessories galore,
    Oh then there?s shoes, a hundred pairs or more!

    And though I now have doll things too numerous to count,
    I?m sad I can?t buy any more, I?ve emptied my back account!

    So let this be a lesson, hold on to your purse!
    Or you might be a victim, of the Hostboard curse!

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 08, 2006 07:53 PM: Message edited by: DaisyDee ]</font>

  6. #26
    Inactive Member kitswift22007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 27th, 2006
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL Daisy Dee that was hilarious!

    I'm going to try and come up with something.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •